Do you ever get stuck in a dinner rut? When I find myself making the same old things, I hunt for a new exotic recipe to spice things up. This recipe for chicken tagine with apricot and tangerine fits that bill perfectly. Kiss My Keto provided this recipe to me to share with my readers along with a sample of their Keto Bone Broth. I am so happy with their convenient, nutritious bone broth that I have become an ambassador and will share a Kiss My Keto coupon code with you at the end of this post! This Chicken Tagine Recipe is for a Moroccan dish traditionally braised with olives, Moroccan spices and preserved lemons. This slightly different version includes apricot, tangerine, a flavorful broth, and whole almonds. It’s a sophisticated crowd-pleaser and easy to throw together for dinner parties.
Tangerine Apricot Chicken Tagine Recipe
This chicken dish with exotic Moroccan spices and flavors is just mouth wateringly good!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 chicken legs (drumstick with thigh attached)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tangerine, peeled, separated
- 1 dried apricot, thinly sliced
- 8 pitted green olives
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- ¼ cup water
- ½ packet Kiss My Keto Bone Broth (Thai Green Curry Chicken)
You can substitute 1/4 cup chicken bone broth in place of the 1/4 cup water and 1/2 packet of Kiss My Keto Bone Broth but the extra curry flavor in the Kiss My Keto Bone Broth is quite nice!
How To Make Chicken Tagine
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine the turmeric, lemon zest, cumin seeds, and ginger.
- Remove the skin from the chicken legs and then rub with the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Place chicken legs into a baking dish. Top with apricot, olives, almonds, and a mix of water and instant bone broth.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and continue to bake for another 30
- Remove from the oven and cool on the counter for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if you so desire.
Kiss My Keto Coupon Code
I love the Kiss My Keto Bone Broth not only because it is flavorful and nutritious (loaded with collagen), but also because it comes in convenient little packages that store well. Kiss My Keto also offers delicious Keto snacks so check them out at kissmyketo.com and save 10% with this Kiss My Keto Coupon Code: SAVE10
Printable Chicken Tagine Recipe
Do you think you will try this recipe for Moroccan Chicken Tagine? Let us know how it comes out and tag us in your social shares at #familyfocusblog and #kissmyketo