Ribbons are one of the best materials that you can use to make decorations or for working on craft projects. Ribbons can be used in a variety of ways for different occasions and purposes to really dress a project up. With Easter now fast approaching, here are some fantastic ribbon craft ideas for Easter to help you make your own decorations that will look great.
Types of Ribbons For Ribbon Craft Ideas
There are two main types of ribbon – woven and non-woven. Woven ribbon is the more flexible type of ribbon out of the two and is great for home decorations and ribbon crafts. There are many types of ribbon to choose from:
- Chiffon, organdy and organza are different varieties of very light weight and are a part of the open weave variety which is usually known as “sheers.”
- Curling ribbons are coated or crimped to give the ribbon a rough edge scissors effect.
- Grosgrain Ribbons are a long lasting and durable type of ribbon whilst still being a supple woven type of ribbon. The crosswise ribs provide a grosgrain and crisp in appearance.
- Iridescent ribbons – the iridescent ribbons have a pearl-like finish due to the changing colours which depends on the lighting and angle of which the ribbon is at.
- Jacquard the Jacquard type of ribbon is more commonly referred to as the ‘ribbons with embroidery on them’ and is used to produce pictorial effects. The Jacquard ribbons have both the “right” and “wrong” sides to them and is easy to know which side to use.
Depending on what you intend on decorating or making this will perhaps determine the ribbon type which would work best.
Cute Ribbon Craft Ideas for Easter
Below are a few ribbon craft ideas for Easter that are not too difficult and that result in great homemade Easter decorations.
Ribbons can be used to brighten up bland picture frames by gluing a few ribbons on either side of the frame in order to cover it completely. Ribbons with bunny rabbits or eggs would be perfect for that Easter look. You can also use ribbons to hang decoupage Easter eggs for the frame focal point.
Easter Bunny Tree
Using ribbons, miniature Easter eggs and string, you can create a small Easter Bunny Tree by decorating a small plant (one that is dying/dead – take the leaves off of the plant). Tie the ribbon around the branches and use the miniature eggs by hanging them from the branches. You also may want to make a small base for the tree or just leave in a plant pot and decorate the plant pot with ribbon. This is a great look and will last for a long time, perhaps even for a few years. Visit the link above for full details.
Create an Easter candle by using a candle holder that attaches to the bottom of the candle and gluing Ribbon around the candle holder. Use ribbon with rabbits or eggs on for the Easter look. Visit the link above for full ribbon craft details.
Decorate an Easter basket – once you have the basket looking as you want it with Easter eggs, straw/wool and so on, you can then decorate the basket and contents with colourful ribbon.
Pick Your Favorite Ribbon Craft Ideas for Easter And Enjoy Making Them
There so many great ribbon craft ideas for Easter and they can all be customized with several types and colors of ribbons to choose from. How will you decorate items with ribbon this Easter? What are your favorite ribbon craft ideas?