Start off the new year with a good sleep! I have reviewed Sweet ZZZ products before. I just love their silky smooth bamboo sheets. Therefore, when I got the opportunity to review their amazing Organic Latex Hybrid Mattress I was happy to do so. It is a 13-Inch mattress that is made with organic cotton, organic wool, and organic Dunlop latex. Being that eco-friendly choices are important to me on both and environmental and personal health level, this mattress seemed perfect. I received the Sweet ZZZ Honey Hybrid Mattress in order to facilitate my review.
Sweet ZZZ Mattress: Organic Latex Hybrid
So first of all, let’s take a look at the type of mattress I am reviewing. You may be wondering, “What is a hybrid mattress?”
According to Healthline, “A hybrid mattress contains a combination of foam and pocketed or innerspring coils…The combination of foam and coils in a hybrid mattress is designed to support with a dash of pressure relief. Since they may contain different materials, hybrid mattresses can feel wildly different from one another.”
In other words, a hybrid mattress, in general, has a layer of supportive coils and comfortable foam. In specific, this Sweet ZZZ hybrid mattress has a dual coil system (Patented Micro Coils For Unique Individual Support And Sturdy Pocketed Coils For Durability And Firm Support) and a comfort layer of latex foam covered with organic wool and organic cotton. So you can see they have the very best kinds of materials to create a super comfortable, high-quality sleeping environment all while being eco-friendly!
Hybrid mattresses are one of the most popular types of mattresses because they have the comfort layer plus the coils offer support and durability for heavier bodies.
Sweet ZZZ Queen Mattress Delivered
The Sweet ZZZ Queen sized mattress was delivered to my door in a large box. The mattress was compressed and rolled so that it was a more manageable size to fit through the door and down hallways. I had my son help me remove our old mattress and put the new Honey Hybrid Mattress on the bed in its rolled state. Then we used a safety blade to slice the top layer of plastic and it popped out of the compressed state so quickly, I could barely get a photo fast enough!
It doesn’t take long for the mattress to decompress and you don’t have to worry about it stinking up the place with chemical fire retardants. This mattress has a layer of Organic New Zealand Wool as a natural flame-retardant that also serves to improve temperature regulation and wick away moisture as well as increase overall comfort. You can lay down and get comfortable on the mattress right away.
The Layers Of The Latex Hybrid Mattress
The layers of this hybrid mattress make it a very comfortable mattress- soft and squishy and yet still firm and supportive. I also love the height of the mattress. 13″ is the perfect height to fit most luxury sheets perfectly. It works well with most headboards. Here are the layers:
- ½” Organic Cotton Quilted Cover & Fill (known for its breathability and offers a very soft yet cool touch)
- ¼” Organic New Zealand Calmera® Wool as Natural Flame-retardant (naturally temperature regulating which means it will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter)
- 1” GOLS Certified Organic Dunlop Latex (hypoallergenic, eco-friendly, extremely durable, naturally breathable)
- 4” Honey Micro Coils® (Excellent Pressure Relief, Perfect For All Types of Sleepers)
- 8” Individually Wrapped Coils Made of American Recycled Steel – (1584 pocket coils in queen- for durability, motion isolation, and support of heavier weights)
- ¼“ Organic Cotton/Wool Blend. Works as a stable base.
Latex layers are a natural, high-density foam made from rubber trees.The natural materials in these latex beds are great for all body types and combination sleepers. They are also great for hot sleepers because the top comfort layer is naturally very breathable which is nice for temperature control.
If you are wondering how firm this latex hybrid mattress feels, Sweet ZZZ says, “On a scale of 1 – 10 with 10 being the firmest, the Honey Hybrid has a 4- 7 firmness rating.” I would narrow that down to a 5-6 for me personally. It is firm but the springs also make it feel softer and more responsive than my old memory foam mattress. I am primarily a side sleeper but I also sleep on my back and I found it very comfortable in both sleeping positions.
Organic Mattress Features To Love
- Naturally cooling- organic Latex, organic cotton, and organic wool are very breathable materials
- Customized comfort- patented Honey Micro Coils relieve pressure based on your unique weight, body shape, & sleep position
- Pocketed Coils- important for couples who reduced motion transfer
- Non Toxic Mattresses (organic fibers, organic foam, and no fire retardant chemicals)
- Passes fire hazard safety law with natural wool fire barrier layer
- Oeko Tex certified as safe for babies and sensitive skins
- Proud member of 1% for the Planet
- Works with any adjustable base, wood slatted bed, or box spring base
- Made In the USA
- Free Shipping
- 100-Day Trial
- Lifetime Warranty
Sweet ZZZ Discounts
Offers are always changing but right now they still have some holiday specials going on so take a look on their website to get the most current discount! To find out more about the Sweet ZZZ mattress or to order one now, visit sweetzzzmattress.com
A natural mattress of the highest quality is important to me. Indoor air quality is so much better without mattresses that contain toxic materials like polyurethane or glues. Sweet ZZZ is committed to eco-friendly choices and their mattress manufacturing is certified as Climate Neutral. Plus, with their risk free trial for 100 days, you have nothing to loose!
You even pay nothing in case of returns so it is an excellent choice. I hope you love your new Sweet ZZZ latex hybrid mattress. You will love the eco friendly materials on your new bed. Let me know if you have any questions on social media @familyfocusblog!