This is a delicious recipe for vegan potato-leek soup. This recipe serves 6 to 8 people so you can make it for the whole family or make it for yourself for the week ahead. This vegan version will leave you full without feeling heavy! This is a quick and easy Vegan Potato-Leek Soup Recipe; it should take 1 hour max from start to finish.
Vegan Potato-Leek Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Vegan Potato-Leek Soup:
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 1/2 lbs leek
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions for Vegan Potato-Leek Soup:
- Wash and cut the leeks. Slice the wholes into halves or 1/2 inch pieces. Rinse the leeks in a bowl to remove excess sand and dirt.
- In a large pot, melt the vegan butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the 3 cloves of minced garlic and leeks. Cover the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- Next, pour and stir in vegetable broth, red potatoes, thyme, bay leaves and salt.
- Bring this to a simmer and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using the back of a spoon, smash some of the potatoes against the bottom or sides of the pot.
- Lastly, remove the bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
If you have extra soup leftover, here is how to freeze soup.
Have you made potato-leek soup before? Would you make this vegan potato-leek soup?