I love fish and chips but I hate to fry because it always smokes up my house and I know fried foods are not that good for me. That is why I was so excited when New York Times best-selling author, Cheryl Najafi, agreed to share her beer-battered baked cod recipe with us from her new book, You’re So Invited (affiliate link below). As a no-fuss home entertaining and lifestyle expert with children of her own, she is great at creating great recipes you can count on to be simple to execute. She started Everyday Dishes & DIY (Formerly CherylStyle) for recipes and crafts you can count on.
Easy Beer-Battered Baked Cod Recipe
This baked beer battered fish comes out so crispy and delicious!
makes 4 servings
Beer-Battered Baked Cod Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 cup beer
- 4 cod filets
- favorite chips
How To Make Beer-Battered Baked Cod:
· Set your oven to broil.
· Mix flour, cornstarch, salt, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika and pepper in mixing bowl (large enough to place the fish flat on the bottom–a cookie sheet will work, too).
· Scoop 1 cup of flour mixture out of bowl and place in a large bowl; set aside.
· Mix panko, rosemary, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon paprika in separate large bowl, set aside.
· Add ice to beer to make beer cold.
· Strain beer into flour mixture.
· Whisk until well blended (add flour or beer if needed to achieve a slightly runnier than pancake batter consistency).
· Pat dry cod filets and then dredge cod filets in the reserved 1 cup flour mixture and shake off excess.
· Dip cod into beer batter.
· Dunk cod into panko mixture.
· Place onto greased cookie sheet.
· Bake 7 minutes and flip fish.
· Bake 8 more minutes, until panko is golden brown and fish is 155 degrees.
· Garnish with lemon and rosemary (optional) and serve beer-battered baked cod with favorite chips.
Printable Baked Cod Recipe
Thanks to Cheryl Najafi, New York Times best-selling author of You’re So Invited: Panic Less, Play More and Get Your Party On! She is revolutionizing party planning and hosting with simple, affordable, easy-to-do tips that ‘break the rules’ of “proper” entertaining. I hope you enjoy her delicious and easy to make beer-battered baked cod recipe. Let us know how you like it!