This Eggless Egg Salad is truly a family and kid friendly recipe. It is quick and easy to make and the kids love it served on whole grain crackers, in a pita or just on bread. My daughter loves it so much–she would eat it every day if I let her! Vegan egg salad is super easy to make and tastes great. Try it for Meatless Monday or any day of the week!
Eggless Egg Salad
This vegan egg salad uses tofu as the protein and texture substitute for the egg. Once flavoring is added in the form of herbs, it comes across as surprisingly good egg substitute.
- 2 packages (14 ounces) water-packed tofu, firm or extra-firm, well drained
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- ½ cup pickle relish
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Style Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (optional, for color)
For the Chicken Style Seasoning you can use various brands but I like JADA Spices Chicken Salt Spice and Seasoning – Original Flavor – Vegan, Keto & Paleo Friendly or McKay’s Chicken Style Instant Broth & Seasoning Vegan Special.
How To Make Vegan Egg Salad
1. Drain excess water from tofu by wrapping in a towel or placing in a colander with something heavy on top of it for about 10 minutes.
2. Mash tofu in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher. This is a great job for the kids.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
TIP: We love to use pickles cured with lemon juice- the flavor is so much better than traditional vinegar pickles.
Nutrition (per 1/3 cup serving):
|Traditional Egg salad||235||22g||4g||229mg||268mg||1g||0g||1g||8g|
Recipe by Stephanie Howard, Author & Cook. Find more of her fabulous recipes at Give Them Something Better.
Printable Recipe For Vegan Egg Salad
I hope you enjoy this eggless egg salad. I think it taste remarkable close to the real thing and still offers all the benefits fo being vegan. We’d love to see how yours comes out. Tag us with @familyfocusblog!