There are peaches and then there are peaches! Some peaches you buy at the store may taste rather flavorless and but fresh peaches can actually be the most juicy and delicious fruit ever. I recently received a box of peaches provided to me by The Peach Truck and man, they were so good. I had forgotten just how amazingly yummy a good peach can be. Flavorful peaches like that make you want to share the tasty summer experience with everyone. So here is a creamy, luscious dessert that allows the flavor of the fresh peaches to shine through- peach mousse. Next time you have some fresh peaches try this amazing recipe courtesy of The Peach Truck.
This fresh peach recipe is courtesy of The Peach Truck.
What makes a good peach?
Generally, a good peach is a ripe peach. So farm fresh peaches where the peaches have been allowed to ripen on the tree tend to be abundant in flavor. That is why Stephen and Jessica Rose launched THE PEACH TRUCK to spread the mouth-watering joy of fresh peaches. They also offer a pantry of peach products available year-round and their The Peach Truck Cookbook (2019) with nationwide shipping.
While many classic mousse recipes use egg whites that are tempered, this fruit mousse recipe has no eggs. Instead there it uses just heavy cream as the aerator and unflavored gelatin as the thickener. That means this perfect summer dessert is even easier to make.
This creamy peach mouse should be served in individual servings with appropriate vessels being a ramekin, small bowl, or even wine glasses.
Yield/ Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 min (Total Time including waiting time to set: 4 hours 20 min)
- 1 lb. very ripe peaches (about 3 medium peaches)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ( ¼ oz) packet unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 small peach, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- 4 tsp. honey
How To Make Fruit Mousse in 9 Easy Steps
1. Peel peaches over a bowl, reserving juice the juice from these fresh fruits. Discard skins. Tear peaches into large chunks in the bowl. Discard peach pits. Squeeze the peach chunks in your fist to release juices.
2. Strain peaches, reserving ¼ cup juice. (If your peaches are not very ripe, and do not yield enough juice, you can add water to get ¼ cup total liquid.)
3. Add reserved ¼ cup peach juice to a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring often, just until gelatin dissolves-do not overheat.
5. Add peaches, any remaining peach juice, sugar, and lemon juice to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly pour in dissolved gelatin mixture.
6. Pour peach mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until cool and slightly thickened.
7. Whip heavy whipping cream and pinch of salt with a mixer on medium high speed 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Whisk 1/3 of cream into chilled peach mixture. Gently fold in remaining cream.
8. Spoon creamy dessert mixture into 4 (8 oz) individual serving glasses or ramekins. Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight.
9. Just before serving, combine diced peach, pine nuts, and honey. Spoon this fruit topping evenly over mousse.
Serve and enjoy! The peach flavor of this creamy mousse is outrageous. You will just love this memorable dessert. It is really special.
Printable Recipe Card For Peach Mousse
I hope you found these step by step instructions helpful. You basically make a gelatin mixture with fresh peach juice and add it to your sweetened peach puree. After allowing to chill, you fold in the fresh whipped cream to get that light fluffy texture and creamy finish. Let chill till it sets. Then you can top with fresh peach topping for an even more flavor and texture. This is the perfect peach dessert for a dinner party where you aim to impress. Enjoy!