Today I am bringing you some totally delicious and fun Halloween recipes for parties from culinary entrepreneur extraordinaire, Meg Hall who is in high demand for both her expertfood/culinary commentary and catering/event services. You will love these Halloween recipes for parties- Wicked Witch Witches, Great Pumpkin Shooters, Hairy Eyeballs, and Mummy Mushrooms.
Halloween Recipes For Parties That Are Sure To Impress
Here are some fun ideas for Halloween party food. I hope you enjoy these Halloween recipes for appetizers, drinks, and desserts.
Hairy Eyeballs Halloween Recipe
Fried Polenta Poppers with Corn Silk, Parmesan and Marinara Sauce. Better to close your eyes when you’re eating this one!
Hair Eyeballs Polenta Poppers Halloween Appetizer Ingredients
- 2 T Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Yellow Onion, Grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Grated
- 1 Qt Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Ground Cornmeal
- 3 T Butter, Unsalted
- 2 t Kosher Salt
- ¼ Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Parmesan, freshly grated
Hairy Eyeballs Halloween Appetizer Directions:
1. In a medium saucepot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook until translucent.
2. Add chicken stock and heat until simmering
3. Gradually add cornmeal while whisking to prevent clumping
4. Stir until cornmeal is soft and the liquid has been mostly absorbed
5. Stir in Parmesan and butter. Season to taste
6. Pour polenta into non-stick sprayed deep pans – two loaf pans, if possible. A small casserole dish works as well
7. Once polenta is firm and cool, use a large melon baller to scoop out the “eyeballs”
8. To get round balls, try to get the melon baller edges flush with the polenta surface then scoop. This will create a flat bottom and a round top.
Hairy Eyeballs Halloween Appetizer Assembly
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 Corn Cobs, Leaves removed, Silk reserved. Cut or torn into 1/2 “ strands
- 20 Polenta Poppers “Eye” Balls
- 4 Whole Eggs, whisked and placed in large bowl
- 1 qt Canola Oil, for frying
1. Heat Canola oil in medium saucepot to approximately 325 degrees
2. Set up dipping station with the egg mixture first, then the corn silks in separate bowls
3. One at a time, cover the polenta balls in egg, then coat in corn silk
4. Gently lower polenta eyeballs into the oil and fry until the corn silk is golden brown
5. Gently place polenta eyeballs on paper towels for draining
6. Sprinkle with kosher salt
7. Garnish with marinara sauce on top of the round for blood shot eyeball effect
Curse of the Mummy Mushrooms Halloween Recipe
Cremini Mushrooms Stuffed with Walnuts, Cream Cheese and Fresh Herbs.
Mummy Mushrooms Halloween Recipe Ingredients:
- 20 Large Cremini Mushrooms
- ¾ lb Spicy Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 3 T Fresh Parsley Leaves, minced
- ½ t Onion Powder
- ¼ t Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- 1 t Whole Fennel Seeds
- 1 Cup Toasted Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 T Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1T Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Mummy Mushrooms Halloween Recipes Directions:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and break up into small chunks with a spoon. Drain sausage on paper towel.
- Add minced onion to the skillet and cook until translucent. Add in garlic and cook until golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Add cream cheese, all spices, walnuts, sausage and fresh herbs. Mix together until well combined.
- Stuff mushrooms so the stuffing is piled high.
- Bake in 350 oven until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh Thyme leaves.
- Consume with caution. What? They’re smokin’ hot! Not because of the whole curse thing…
The Great Pumpkin Shooter Halloween Drink Recipe
Spiced and Savory Pumpkin Soup Shooter with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Makes 20 Soup Shooters, 2 oz each
Pumpkin Soup Shooters Ingredients
- 2 T Butter, unsalted
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Red Apple, peeled and diced
- 5 Slices Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 Cups Fresh Pumpkin, roasted and diced, or Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ t Ground Cumin
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- ¼ t Ground Sage
- 1/8 t Allspice
- ¼ t Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds, Toasted
- To Taste Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Pumpkin Soup ShootersDirections:
1. In a large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in the diced carrot and cook until soft, then add onion, bacon and apple. Cook until mixture is soft and translucent.
2. Add in pumpkin and all spices. Stir frequently for 5 minutes to marry flavors.
3. Add in Chicken Stock.
4. Place soup in blender or use immersion blender in the saucepan to puree soup until smooth.
5. Gradually add cream and seasoning until desired taste is achieved.
6. Serve hot with pumpkin seed garnish. Can be refrigerated for 2 days or frozen for 3 months.
Notes and Fixes
- Recipe can be made vegan by using olive oil instead of butter; coconut milk instead of cream;
- Omit bacon if needed for dietary restrictions
- If the soup is too thick, add more chicken stock.
- If the soup is too thin, let cook longer before seasoning to reduce.
- If the soup can’t take more salt, but needs more flavor, try adding a dash of lemon juice or white wine
Wicked Witch Wiches Halloween Recipe
Sandwiched Chocolate Cookies with Bright Orange frosting and Hershey’s Kisses. A plate of these easy to make desserts will be a point of pride for your little trick or treaters and yummy for your adult guests.
Chef Meg Hall has a fancy homemade recipe for this Halloween dessert and a super simple recipe. I decided to share the super simple Halloween dessert version! (You are welcome!)
Makes 20 wiches
Wicked Witch Wiches Halloween Dessert Ingredients and Supplies
- 40 Famous Chocolate Wafers – sold in most supermarkets
- 1 can White Frosting
- 20 Hershey’s Kisses Candies
- 1 Bottle of Orange Food Coloring
- 1 Small Ziploc Bag
Wicked Witch Wiches Halloween Dessert Directions
1. Add several drops of orange food coloring to frosting can and stir until completely blended. Adjust coloring as needed for a bright orange hue.
2. Place roughly half of the frosting in a small Ziploc bag, pushing the frosting to one lower corner. Cut a small hole in that corner to create your own piping bag.
3. Arrange 20 wafers on a lined sheet tray for easy handling and moving.
4. Pipe orange frosting into the center of a wafer, place another on top and gently push them together until the frosting almost comes out the side.
5. Pipe a small amount of frosting on the bottom of a Hershey’s kiss and place in the center of the sandwich. Press the candy until the frosting appears, making a small ring of orange around the kiss.
6. Pipe frosting around the edges of the wafer, making a brim for the witches hat.
7. Place cookies in the fridge to firm up frosting for less messy gobbling.
Thanks again to classically trained, Le Cordon Bleu chef, celebrity caterer and culinary entrepreneur extraordinaire, Meg Hall is for sharing these fun Halloween recipes for parties with us. Her celebrity fans include Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Adele, Lil’ Wayne, Molly Sims, Whoopi Goldberg, Patti LaBelle, Bruno Mars, Iron Chef Michael Symon, and many more.
Here are a few more Halloween recipes, Halloween craft ideas, and more:
Homemade Halloween Costume- How to Make Fairy Wings and Wand