I was recently invited to a DreamWorks Trolls: The Beat Goes On event and it was so much fun getting to learn about the animation process. As a little surprise follow up, DreamWorks sent me a fun DreamWorks Trolls Craft box. I just love fun crafts for the kids and I to do together so I decided to share this one with you here- how to make troll headbands. These are perfect for some random afternoon crafting fun and they would also be perfect for a DreamWorks Trolls birthday party celebration. I mean cool, colorful hair raising fun is always in, right?! Make troll hair with this easy tutorial.
This fun craft is not my own clever invention but rather it is a DreamWorks Trolls Craft that was shared with me by my friends at DreamWorks Animation Studios to celebrate the brand new Netflix original series DREAMWORKS TROLLS: THE BEAT GOES ON! which releases on January 19th. I thought this troll headbands craft was so cute that I decided to share it with you so your kids could enjoy DIY troll hair too! These Trolls crafts can be made in different colors depending on your favorite trolls!
How To Make Trolls Headbands:
First gather your supplies. A word about the troll headbands supply list- you can do with just one headband and one roll of tulle if you only have one child who only wants to wear one color of troll hair. However, several colorful headband choices will be useful as will several colorful tulle rolls if you have multiple children with different troll hair color preferences.
Supplies For Troll Hair Headbands:
- 6″ tulle rolls
- small rubber bands
- lightweight ribbon
- felt flowers
- measuring tape
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Troll Hair Headbands Directions:
- For each headband you will cut 7-12, 20 inch strips of tulle. As little as seven per headband will work but the hair will be more full if you add the additional strips and will stay up a little better too. I used 7 in my photos.
- You will loop the strips of tulle onto the headband using a larks head knot. To do this, take one strip of tulle and fold it in half with the head band over the bend and then loop the longer ends through this bend to secure it to the headband. Start in the middle and work your way outward. The knots should be just a bit loose as you go.
- Pull all the ends of the tulle together and tie them with a rubber band. You can add a small ribbon bow over the rubber band but a if you go too big with the bow, it will weigh the troll hair down.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the felt flowers to the hair on the right side near the base of the hair or even to the headband itself as you prefer.
Then have fun trying your troll hair on everyone in the family!
I hope you liked learning how to make big troll hair, perfect for your little ones who dream big! Enjoy this DreamWorks Trolls craft while you are watching the Trolls movie or a new episode of Trolls: The Beat Goes On! It would also be the perfect craft for a Trolls birthday party! What color will you make your Troll Hair Headband?