Back to School is approaching for many of us. In fact, my kids have their first day back to school this week! This is the time of year that I start thinking about packable snacks that I can send to school with my kids or that I can bring in the car to let them have on the way from school to music lessons. I like natural snacks that are made with quality ingredients because I feel that we are what we eat and quality food makes a big difference to our health. Not only do I feel that natural snacks are better choices for my family, but we also love the way the natural flavors taste! Many people think that natural means expensive, however this does not have to be the case.
Affordable Natural Snacks and Grocery Items
Before you start thinking natural equals pricey, natural snacks for back to school can fit into any budget. In fact, “Made to Matter – Handpicked by Target™” is a product collection of leading natural, organic and sustainable brands, all available at Target prices. This collection is not a Target brand but an assortment of better for you brands that make great products with simple, recognizable ingredients. I think it is fantastic that Target is making natural, green, organic brands and products easier to find and more affordable. I am so happy to see making better choices for our families is becoming easier to do. The actual assortment of Made to Matter products will vary store-to-store but most will be available on Target.com.
Why Natural Snacks
I choose natural snacks because I want better choices for my family. I like knowing what is in the products we buy and I like recognizing those ingredients as simple, whole foods. I like being able to find foods that are organic, non-GMO, gluten free, and fair trade. Discover more at Target.com/madetomatter, where you can sort products by certain characteristics, such as some of the ones listed above. I like products that practice sustainability and give back to their communities. I love choosing natural snacks because it feels good knowing that they are nutritious and good for my growing children and because my kids love them!
Natural Snack Brands For Healthy Lifestyle Choices
There are lots of natural snack brands that I trust for my family and that we all enjoy eating. Here are a few that are in the Made to Matter collection:
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP- These better-for-you snacks are certified gluten-free and use non-GMO ingredients. Popcorn inspired snacks with lots of great flavor.
- Annie’s – Huge variety of organic snack foods. I first fell in love with their macaroni.
- Askinosie Chocolate- Amazing chocolates.. No additives, preservatives, or fillers.
- Cascadian Farm- Proudly Enrolled in the Non-GMO Project, these folks have been offering organic foods since I was knee high to a grasshopper.
- Evol- Prepared food with simple ingredients and gluten free options.
- Justin’s- They make all-natural and organic nut butters- lip smacking good.
- KIND- These bars are irresistible. They are made with whole nuts, fruits and whole grains and sometimes chocolate too. Just good stuff.
- Simply Balanced- This is Target’s newer organic and natural store brand.
- Stonyfield- After my heart, dairy products I can trust. Organic and without the use of artificial hormones, antibiotics or GMOs.
- Suja- I could live on this stuff. Organic, cold-pressured and Non-GMO juices. This is a great mommy snack for me!
Target is making it easier for me to take a proactive approach to a healthier lifestyle with the Made to Matter collection. Better choices that my family love at a great value, made easy. I dig that! How about you? Are you on a journey of trying to make better choices where you can? Why do you choose natural snacks?