This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fellowes Brands. All opinions are 100% mine. Spring is in the air and it is time to tackle Spring Cleaning! Some folks dread cleaning while others derive an intense satisfaction of achievement when the job is done. Either way, cleaning is an important part of keeping our homes a healthy environment and making them feel inviting for all. To help make Spring Cleaning easier, I am providing you with a handy dandy Spring Cleaning Do List. Don’t feel like you have to tackle the whole list as once. You may want to schedule a few tasks a day but the more you do at once, the quicker you’ll be done with Spring Cleaning and that always feels great!
Handy Spring Cleaning Do List
Spring Cleaning is the time to tackle all the chores you have been skipping over for awhile. I won’t itemize the basics because you probably already have a good routine for cleaning basics. This Spring Cleaning Do List is focused on the tasks you hardly remember because it has been so long since you last did them!
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures (Wow, they can get dirty just doing nothing!)
- Dust corners and crown molding
- Dust window blinds or vacuum curtains (or both if you have both)
- Dust window cases and ledges
- Clean windows (outside and inside)
- Clean baseboards
- Spot clean walls
- Clear off your whole mantle and clean it
- Spot clean your upholstered furniture
- Vacuum your upholstered furniture
- Steam clean surfaces you have been meaning to get around to
- Deep clean carpets
- clean under rugs and wash washable rugs
- change air filter
- vacuum air ducts
- Use wood polish on your wood furniture
- Spray down any vinyl seats and wipe clean
- Use leather conditioner on any leather furniture
- Move your furniture and clean under all your furniture
- vacuum/ dust lampshades
- Clear off all of your table tops and clean them
- Shred any unnecessary paper piles you have been collecting
- Dust wall hangings
- Clean the oven
- Clean the dish washer
- Clean stainless steel appliances surfaces
- Vacuum the refrigerator coils
- Deep clean the refrigerator
- Deep clean closets and add closet drawer sachets
- Deep clean pantry, checking expiration dates as you go
Spring Cleaning is the perfect opportunity to get rid of the old and make room for the new. Spring cleaning sets you up to be happier, healthier, and more productive all year long!
To Get Rid Of Paper Piles
For shredding my papers, I used a Fellowes shredder to help me declutter. The stylish Fellowes 79Ci shredder is great for those balancing busy schedules and seeking time-saving solutions.
- Patented 100% Jam Proof System
- Heavy-duty Cross-Cut blades that can handle up to 16 sheets of paper per pass (even with staples, paper clips, credit cards, and CDs)
- Patented SafeSense® Technology which automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening
- Energy Savings System that maximizes shredder energy efficiency
- SilentShred™ Technology
- The 79Ci is available at Amazon.com and Office Superstores with a suggested retail price of $239.99.
Do you take advantage of Spring Cleaning to purge old unwanted items? Go ahead use this Spring Cleaning Do List and get rid of the old and make room for the new at your house!