St. Patrick’s Day is coming right up! Here are some fun, easy St. Patrick’s day treats that the whole family can have fun making together. I hope they bring you the Luck ‘O the Irish! If I eat these Three Leaf Clovers Chocolate Pretzels all day long, no one can pinch me, right? You are going to love this easy recipe for pretzel Hershey Kiss and M&M three leaf clovers!
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Treats: Pretzel, Hershey Kiss, M&M Three Leaf Clover Recipe
Three Leaf Clovers Chocolate Pretzel Ingredients:
- 1 bag of Hershey Kisses
- Green M&Ms (You may have to pick them out of a regular bag of M&M candy)
- 1 bag of pretzel knots (mini pretzels, not large pretzels)
- ½ cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- Green food coloring
- ¼ stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons of milk
Besides the ingredients, you will need a cookie sheet and you will want to line it with wax paper or parchment paper. This makes cleaning up after making your m&m pretzel kisses a cinch.
How To Make Pretzel Hershey Kiss and M&M Three Leaf Clovers
- Pre-heat oven to 200° F.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place pretzels on the cookie sheet, evenly spaced in a single layer.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on top of each pretzel.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven.
- Allow chocolates to melt until they become soft.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and promptly press the melted chocolate flat on the pretzel using the back of a spoon.
- Add three green M&Ms to the pretzels to form a three leaf clover.
- Allow the pretzels to cool completely. You can do this on the counter at room temperature or much faster by placing it in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add Confectioner’s sugar, green food coloring, butter and milk.
- Add food coloring until you get your desired color.
- Keep adding Confectioner’s sugar until desired consistency which should be like play dough.
- Pinch off a piece of the icing and roll the stem of the clover with your fingers and add to each pretzel three leaf clover.
Store these cute little treats in an airtight container or place into cellophane bags to give as gifts. These chocolate pretzel bites are the perfect way to enjoy this St. Patty’s Day holiday season.
This pretzel m&m recipe provided by eMeals founder and mother of four, Jane DeLaney.
Printable Recipe For Pretzel Hershey Kiss and M&M Three Leaf Clovers
Random St. Patrick’s Day Facts:
- St. Patrick was born in England in the late 4th century A.D. and captured by pirates as a child and brought to Ireland.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, Irish families attend church in the morning and follow with celebrations including eating a traditional meal of cabbage and Irish bacon.
- Legend has it that St. Patrick used the native shamrock as a symbol of the holy trinity when preaching and brought the Latin alphabet to Ireland.
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Pretzel Three Leaf Clovers! If you have any Hershey’s Kisses yummy treats left, they store well in a mason jar. You may also want to check out some leprechaun traps to make with your kids. What’s your favorite St. Patty’s Day treat or activity?