This is a step-by-step tutorial for a wine cork craft that makes for beautiful DIY Valentine’s Day decor! This is a great project whether you are looking to decorate for Valentine’s Day or if you are looking to entertain the kids. If you do not collect wine corks many craft stores sell them in bulk. Remember you can make your heart shaped wall decor cork craft bigger, smaller or in different shapes and colors! I hope you all have a fantastic Valentine’s Day!
Wine Cork Craft- Heart Shaped Wall Decor
Wine Cork Craft Supplies:
- Wine corks different sizes
- Acrylic paint different colors
- Glitter different sizes
- Glue gun
- Paint brushes optional
- First, thing we need to do is organize our corks into the shape we want. This way we know how many we need to decorate and how we are going to glue them together.
- Time for paint and glitter. If you do not have paint brushes just pour out some paint onto a palate and “stamp” the top side of the cork into the paint.
- Sprinkle glitter onto the painted tops of the corks. I used two different sized glitters and two different shades of red.
- Set them aside and wait for them to dry.
- Once they are dry, arrange them in the shape you want it in. Start at the bottom of the heart and using the glue gun work your way to the top. Do not start with the outline, this will make it difficult to fill it in later.
- Tip: make a few extra decorated corks just in case.
- There should be a few spaces in the heart, use them to hang it up and enjoy!
Have you tried wine cork crafts before? Would you make this DIY Valentine’s Day Decor wine cork craft? If you do be sure to share with us @familyfocusblog! You may also enjoy these four fun Valentines Day decor ideas.