If you are in need of a last minute Valentines Day smoothie breakfast treat for either a loved or your children – look no further! When I went on a vacation to Hawaii, I stayed at the fabulous Halekulani, ranked amongst some of the top hotels in Honolulu. This romantic paradise is an all time favorite for my husband and I; it sparks so many unforgettable memories. Before heading home to Chicago, I got this fabulous recipe for a tasty smoothie at the Lanikai Juice Company.
It took me a few tries but I think I have finally perfected the same smoothie I had at this great little place. The magenta color of the concoction makes it the the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. I am absolutely going to whip it up tomorrow for my child before school and the best part of it is…it’s healthy and easy!
Here is the Valentine’s Day Smoothie recipe. I hope you enjoy this authentic taste of Honolulu in your home!
Valentines Smoothie Breakfast Recipe
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 banana
- Half a small glass of Orange Juice
- Two handfuls of frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 4 large ice cubes
How To Make This Valentine’s Day Smoothie
- Cut up the banana and throw into the mixer. Add in orange juice together until smooth.
- Add in the berries and yogurt. (The berries are going to give us that Valentine’s Day color we are looking for!)
- Squeeze in the lemon to give the drink some zesty flavor.
- If you are into your healthy, you can sprinkle in some flaxseed too!
- Ready to serve. You can garnish with a few fresh berries for looks if you like.
Make sure to serve this Valentines Day smoothie with LOVE and possibly some Valentines’ Day flowers!
Printable Recipe For Valentines Day Smoothie
I hope you enjoy this taste of the islands on this heartfelt day. Enjoy!
Guest post by Kendra Thorton, a long time travel expert who has been to 28 countries on 6 continents and has been quoted in the news about seasonal travel trends and destinations all over the United States.