I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday and not just because there are so many scrumptious dishes on hand! I love Thanksgiving because it is centered around giving thanks and being thankful for what we have. Here are 31 Thanksgiving desserts recipes you will be thankful for too! From cookies to no-bake desserts to pies, you will find simple desserts that are sure to please everyone!
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
The perfect Thanksgiving dessert is subjective and can vary based on personal preferences. Many people associate Thanksgiving with traditional flavors like pumpkin, apple, pecan, and cinnamon. A dessert that incorporates these classic autumnal tastes can enhance the Thanksgiving experience. Thanksgiving is a time for comfort and warmth, and desserts that are served warm or at room temperature often contribute to that cozy feeling. Pies, crisps, and cobblers are popular choices.
Thanksgiving Desserts Pie Recipes
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie from Family Focus Blog
- Caramel Apple Pie from Thrifty Jinxy
- Pecan Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Silk Pie from The Gracious Wife
- Bourbon Caramelized Apple Hand Pies from Spinach Tiger
- Pumpkin Pie from Fresh Pumpkin from Bless This Mess
- Coconut Cream Pie from Ashlee Marie
- Easy Jello Chocolate Pudding Pie from Family Focus Blog
Thanksgiving Desserts Cheesecake Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle from Dishes and Dust Bunnies
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake from Cutefetti
- Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Cranberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes from Family Focus Blog
Desserts Bar Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Pumpkin Bars with Candied Pecans from Making of a Mom
- Apple Pecan Cheesecake Bars with Caramel from In the Kitchen with Jenny
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from Family Focus Blog
Thanksgiving Desserts Cookies Recipes
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze from Director Jewels
- Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies from Just Us Four
- Pumpkin Cranberry No Bake Cookies from Family Focus Blog
- Pumpkin Seed Spice Cookies from Family Focus Blog
Other Thanksgiving Desserts Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes from Cincy Shopper
- Pear Cranberry Cobbler from Spinach Tiger
- Pumpkin Pudding Sugar Cookie Cups from Just Us Four
- Mini Cream Cheese Monkey Bread from Gym, Craft, Laundry
- Pumpkin Roll from Gimme Some Oven
- Whipped Pumpkin Spice Mousse from Living Well Mom
- Pumpkin Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
- Raspberry Pound Cake from Krystal’s Kitsch
- Pistachio Pudding Salad from Love To Be In The Kitchen
- Quick & Easy Apple Pie Bites from Organized 31
A good Thanksgiving dessert often has a mix of textures. For example, a pie with a flaky crust, creamy filling, and a crunchy topping can provide a delightful combination of textures. Using seasonal ingredients that are abundant in the fall, such as pumpkins, apples, cranberries, and pecans, can add freshness and a connection to the time of year.
While desserts are expected to be sweet, it’s important that they aren’t overly sugary. A well-balanced dessert with the right amount of sweetness allows the natural flavors to shine. Desserts that are easy to share and can be enjoyed by a group are ideal for Thanksgiving gatherings. Consider options like pies, tarts, or bars that can be sliced and served to multiple people.
Ultimately, the perfect Thanksgiving dessert is the one that brings joy to you and your guests, reflects the spirit of the holiday, and satisfies everyone’s sweet tooth. We always make the same two pies for Thanksgiving each year. So which one of these Thanksgiving dessert recipes are your favorite? How many desserts are you making for Thanksgiving this year?